Software vendors are aggressively auditing their customers and the associated audit costs are painful –largely...read more
SharePoint list error
Question / Issue
SharePoint list error: lookup and workflow status columns exceed the threshold.
Answer / Solution
Users get this error when accessing a SharePoint list:
This view cannot be displayed because the number of lookup and workflow status columns it contains exceeds the threshold (8) enforced by the administrator.
Adjust setting for the list throttle
- Open the SharePoint Central Administration,
- Go to Application Management –> Manage Web Applications
- Click to select the web application that hosts your list (eg. SharePoint – 80)
- In the Ribbon, select General Settings/Resource Throttling
- In the List View Lookup Threshold limit, edit the value you want (for example, 16 instead of the default 8).
- Click OK to save it.